Notice of Privacy Practices for Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s Career Sites.
This Notice of Privacy Practices (“Notice”) applies to information collected, processed, or stored by www.macysJOBS.com, www.macysCOLLEGE.com, www.technology.macysjobs.com; and www.bloomingdalesJOBS.com and www.bloomingdalesCOLLEGE.com, the corporate recruitment websites for Macy’s, Inc. and its families of business. This Notice describes information collection and use for these websites. This Notice applies only to our corporate recruiting websites.
To view the Notice of Privacy Practices for our in-store and e-commerce services, macys.com, please click Here.
To view your separate Department Store National Bank (DSNB) Privacy Statement for your Macy's credit card or to read more information about our credit services, please click Here.
To view the Notice of Privacy Practices for our corporate website, Macyinc.com, please click Here.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, you may call our Customer Service Privacy Hotline at 888-529-2254. You also may write to the following address: Macy’s Credit and Customer Services Customer Service, ATTN: Privacy Master, P.O. Box 8215, Mason, Ohio 40540.
Information We Collect & Use When Visiting This Site
The following are examples of the types of personal information collected on this website and how they are used:
- If you submit a resume for a job posted on our site, that resume will be forwarded to the appropriate subsidiary and department for review and response. “Applicant Profiles” may be submitted through the “Search Jobs/Apply Now!” on the website. When submitting an online application, please do not include highly sensitive data such as a Social Security Number, Driver’s License Number, or government issued identification number or financial account numbers.
- Applicant profiles are retained in our recruitment databases for future reference so we can continue to consider you for additional positions and for recruitment analytics. All of Macy’s, Inc.’s subsidiaries share access to our recruitment databases and you may be contacted by a division other than the one to which you originally submitted an applicant profile, or for a position other than one for which you originally submitted an application. To be removed from the recruitment database, e-mail email@example.com with your name (first and last) along with your e-mail address. Please specify in your e-mail that you are requesting to be removed from the recruitment database.
- If you provided us with your mobile number on your Macy’s, Inc. application for employment, we may send text notifications regarding your employment application. To opt-out of Talent Acquisition Notification texts for a specific mobile number, you may text "STOP" to 89694 on your mobile phone/wireless device or in response to a text. You will receive a confirmation text that you have been opted out.
- If you submit a comment about us or one of our subsidiaries through our “Contact Us” form on our Macy’s or Bloomingdale’s career sites or the “Got Questions” form on the college career site, we will review and respond to your comment or question. In doing so, we may forward the information you provide to one of our subsidiaries. For example, if you submit a comment about Bloomingdale’s, we may provide that information to Bloomingdale’s so that they may review and, as appropriate, respond to it.
- If you ask to be added to the mailing list for any of our subsidiaries (e.g., you want to receive macys.com emails), we will provide your information to that subsidiary, and you will be added to its marketing list. In that case, please note that your information may be shared with other Macy’s, Inc. affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and subject to Macy’s Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Should an applicant be offered and accept employment, application data will be included in your employee records and subject to Macy’s Colleague Notice of Privacy Practices.
- This site utilizes ‘cookies.’ A cookie is a small piece of computer code sent by a website and stored on the hard disk of your computer. We use two kinds of Cookies on this Website: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. We use session cookies, for example, to manage open positions you may have searched for on our site. Persistent cookies last from visit to visit; they do not go away automatically when you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies to give you a more personalized job search experience, or help you navigate our website more efficiently. Managing cookie preferences differs from browser to browser; please refer to your browser settings for further information. If you would like to disable cookies and web beacons, please adjust your browser settings to restrict cookies from our website.
- This website shares data with Google Analytics to understand and optimize web performance and enhance site usability for our users. This runs in the background of our website analyzing usage information and then returning reports through an encrypted connection. In addition, Google Analytics may associate and group session visits to our website from various browsers and devices. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics on a per browser basis, please click Here to download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more information on Google Analytics, click Here.
- We have relationships with several social networks and new tech companies. These companies have specific Interest-Based Ads programs that match people that have shown interest in our corporate recruitment programs through our website and other services with their profiles (such as on Facebook) and platforms (such as on Facebook and Google properties). This matching allows us to deliver relevant, interest-based ads on those companies’ networks. You can manage your preferences for many of these advertising programs through the links provided below:
This website has put in place various procedural, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard the information we collect and use. Our websites use TLS (Transport Layer Security). TLS is an encryption standard that provides a layer of security while information is being transmitted over the internet.
As a matter of policy, we do not disclose details regarding our security measures as this could be beneficial information to criminals and other bad actors.
Be advised, no security safeguards or standards are guaranteed to provide 100% security. You should always use appropriate self-protection measures and practice safe browsing on all websites. For more information about safe browsing, The National Cybersecurity Alliance provides comprehensive information at Stay Safe Online.
Additionally, sometimes bad actors attempt to use our brand to create fake web pages and job posts, send fake texts or emails, and conduct other illegal activities to commit fraud or attempt to breach consumers’ security. We actively monitor for these illegal scams.
Information About Children Under 13
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act imposes requirements on Web sites that collect personal information about children under 13 years old (for example - name, address, email address, social security number, etc.). Our current policy is not to collect any personal information on any person under 13 years old through our recruiting websites.
This Notice of Privacy Practices for macysJOBS.com was updated on November 3rd, 2020.
Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy’s, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9. Learn more about your rights under the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law.
Copyright ©2020 Macy’s, Inc.