We remind ourselves every day that the perspectives that matter most come from our shoppers. Our Customer Experience (CX) teams are advocates for our customer’s point of view throughout every phase of the digital shopping experience. ... More »
Our Site Merchandising teams collaborate with our technology, merchant and marketing teams to achieve sales goals. We’re laser focused on delivering our customers with the best customer experience across all digital channels.
The Vice President of Merchandising Product Management envisions the end to end merchandising process and required system capabilities. They are able to articulate current state business processes, identify gaps or pain points in the workflow and work with Directors of Product Management to prioritize future system needs. In partnership with executive management, they define and update the 1-3 year process and systems roadmap for merchandising. They remain informed of emerging industry trends and software providers in the market. The VP works with Directors to plan and allocate PDM resources across all merchandising applications. They work collaboratively with leaders across Portfolio, Development and Program Management to prioritize projects for funding, solve issues and remove risks. They own socializing the product vision with executive leadership and ensuring a thoughtful change management approach is defined and executed. VPs will partner with other OCP&S VPs to develop a training strategy and support plan for the products and applications they manage. Finally they ensure teams define and track a set of measures / KPIs to ensure solutions are fully leveraged by the business. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Envisioning the end to end merchandising process and seamless integration of systems to support.
• Coaches and develops a team of Directors and PDMs and ensures teams work across several business process and systems and not in silo’s.
• Defines teams objectives and incorporates developmental feedback in day to day team operations.
• Responsible for ensuring a comprehensive testing plan including data and environments is in place and coordinated with technology teams.
• Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process. Is able to operate without direction in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Collaborates with technology partners to ensure system solutions meet current and future state business needs.
• Remains aware of competitors and market trends; evaluates emerging technologies; ensures an implementation plan is developed and champions internal communications.
• Proactively resolve and remove project issues or risks and escalate as appropriate.
• Can successfully champion new initiatives with merchant executive leadership team. Present and secure approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary.
• Recognized as an expert across the division as someone who has excellent judgment and whose projects have contributed significantly to the success of all Macy’s Inc. brands.
• Secure deep understanding of the data and how it represents and is used by the business; identify gaps where they exist and communicate them to the Data Governance team.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• BA/BS Degree required. MBA preferred.
• 10+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: merchandising product management, business process development or consulting role, including multiple large scale process and systems implementation.
• Experience with agile product management preferred.
• Strong business acumen. Multiple Retail channel and or product experience preferred. Specifically within and across pre-season planning and in season execution.
• Solid understanding of retail math and financial measures.
• Experience managing teams of 12 or more people.
• Proven leader in coaching and developing teams for continual improvement.
• Ability to understand, organize and communicate complex information in an easily understandable format tailored to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to think and act strategically while zooming in to understand detail and tactical issues.
• Able to operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
• Strong collaboration skills.
• A demonstrated team leader.
• Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
• Up to 10% travel required for this role.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.