We remind ourselves every day that the perspectives that matter most come from our shoppers. Our Customer Experience (CX) teams are advocates for our customer’s point of view throughout every phase of the digital shopping experience. ... More »
Our Site Merchandising teams collaborate with our technology, merchant and marketing teams to achieve sales goals. We’re laser focused on delivering our customers with the best customer experience across all digital channels.
The VP, Data Governance will have ownership of data standards for Macy’s Inc. and assist in leading the effort to establish data governance across multiple functions within the organization. In this role you will partner with executive level business stakeholders and technical partners to define the overall data strategy, develop and implement process and systemic solutions to deliver and maintain the long term vision. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Establish a Data Governance strategy and oversee Data Governance activities specific to the stewardship of data to drive consistent definition, data usage and quality.
• Facilitate the creation and ownership of Data Governance policy and processes according to industry best practices.
• Responsible to work with business functions, define and communicate data standards, policies and procedures for the organization to ensure a common business vocabulary, and consistent information to leverage data cross-functionally.
• Facilitates data quality program and implement appropriate changes to systems or process to correct any data quality problems encountered.
• Develop and implement data quality strategies in line with business strategy and objectives.
• Lead the creation, implementation, communication and ongoing support of data standards, policies and processes.
• Recommend creative solutions to resolve issues in data policies, data definitions, data usage, data quality and metrics.
• Work with Senior Leaders and Business Functions to review data quality performance reports.
• Develop, analyze and maintain metrics for measuring adherence and improvement.
• Manage Data Governance presentations, metrics, dashboards and overall progress communications.
• Facilitate organizational and behavioral change as it relates to leveraging and using data.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS degree required. Masters preferred.
• 10+ years of experience in Data Management.
• 5+ years of experience managing a large data governance effort.
• 5+ years of experience developing, leading and inspiring team members and coaching leaders as they grow and develop their own teams.
• 5+ years of experience foster career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company, team and personal objectives.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in conveying vision and the pragmatic tactics for achieving measurable and consistent improvement.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.