Want to set the trends, instead of merely following them? As part of our Site Merchandising team, you’ll be responsible for the entire lifecycle of our merchandise on macys.com, including product placement and promotion. Prioritize the season’s biggest trends, and put Macy’s best foot forward with consumers. ... More »
Site merchandising collaborates with our technology, merchant and marketing teams to achieve sales goals. The result is delivering the best customer experience across our entire omnichannel spectrum.
The Site Merchandise Coordinator supports site merchandising and operations initiatives, enhancing the success of Macys.com through the set-up and testing of site refresh elements and data attribution. Perform other duties as assigned.
PRODUCT ATTRIBUTION AND TAGGING:
• Perform Merchandise Approvals and Tagging for all newly set-up Products, ensuring that Product hierarchy data and attribution is accurate and complete, prior to site launch.
• Understand PDS automation process, and FACET system to tag and attribute qualifying products accordingly.
• Identify areas of issue and partner with NYC merchants, or other internal teams to correct and retrofit data as needed.
COLLABORATION & COMMUNICATION:
• Participate in regular Taxonomy & Attribution meetings.
• Provide timely and consistent status updates to key stakeholders and managers on all critical work.
• Provide recommendations of best practices for key focus areas and tasks.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS college degree is preferred.
• 1+ year’s prior e-commerce and/or retail experience preferred.
• Must have demonstrable computer skills and aptitude, including proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
• Outstanding communications skills, both oral and written.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and other office equipment.
• Must be able to view complex data for extended periods of time.
• Requires regular walking, standing, lifting up to 10 lbs., hearing, and talking. Involves close vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• When required, must have the ability to manage the physical demands of business travel.
• Self-starter with excellent personal scheduling and a team-oriented work ethic.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.