Take the helm of one of the world’s most iconic brands, and help bring it to life for our customers. As part of our team, you’ll own, guide, and direct marketing efforts. Constantly creating, innovating, and exploring the new, you’ll drive customer engagement and spark excitement.
We are looking for a hands-on natural search optimization (SEO) professional to take on a strategic role within our growing in-house SEO team. This position will work with the Director of SEO to drive the SEO content marketing program through the creation of new content, competitive research, and partnership with our creative teams. Additionally, this role will lead a small team to drive and optimize the on-page SEO strategy across multiple families of business silos within the site. This individual should be well versed in content marketing, on-page, off-page, and technical SEO tactics with a thorough background working with creative teams, editorial guidance, and creative workflows. Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would have excellent problem solving skills and an expert understanding of SEO issues involving information architecture; semantic keyword research; search friendly content; and metrics-driven SEO. Strong communication skills are essential in this role, as the Manager will be integral in socializing SEO across a diverse, dual-coastal team of executives. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Lead a team of two direct reports to develop high value SEO strategies and sales growth for Macys.com apparel business.
• Work closely with Content Marketing, Site Merchandise and Merchants to ensure consistency in SEO strategy and implementation across multiple properties.
• Drive the SEO content marketing program through the analysis of existing content, competitive research, and partnership with our engineering, creative and product teams.
• Measure and report on the effectiveness of SEO strategies in generating increased web traffic and organic revenue.
• Work with internal SEO project team, Product Marketing and external SEO agencies to help create SEO roadmap, enhancements and innovations to drive large scale sales growth.
• Monitor digital marketing trends and developments, share new techniques with the team, and provide SEO education and training to the larger organization.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS in Marketing or Engineering or similar technical discipline or relevant work experience.
• Experience in SEO and online marketing with a successful track record, either in-house or at an agency/consultancy.
• Strong communication and presentation skills are essential in this role as well as excellent written and verbal skills.
• Related tasks include developing relationships and socializing SEO strategies across a diverse, dual-coastal team of executives.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills are required, preferably with experience in Microsoft Excel or similar applications.
• Ability to execute on multiple projects while closely measuring the impact of each project and changing course when needed.
• Strong project management and inter-departmental coordination skills required.
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
• Strong leadership profile and management skills with minimum of 1 year of experience managing direct reports.
• Experience with BrightEdge or other SEO reporting tools preferred.
• Highly analytical in nature; experience with Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics preferred.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.