Love digging into numbers and trends and discovering the math behind them? Want to have an impact on nearly every facet of our business? Through in-depth analysis, our Business Analysis team provides insights and actionable recommendations to improve Macy’s online marketing campaigns as well as increase efficiency and productivity of our internal systems. ... More »
With business analyst roles for e-commerce, point-of-sale (POS), and non-customer facing systems, there are tons of options to specialize. Whatever you choose, part of your job is staying informed and up-to-date on technology, trends, and our industry.
The Manager of HR Data Governance will be part of the team that is responsible for overall data management within our enterprise HR system. The candidate’s work will include data management, data governance, and aligning our core HR data with the HCM application. Uses a broad knowledge of the business and technical system applications to ensure the integrity, stability and alignment of the core HR data. Partner with other members of the Reporting and Analytics and HRIS teams to ensure the data components and hierarchy are aligned with reporting and overall system functionality. Supports and upholds the integrity of ongoing methodology and approach for existing and new systems.
Performs other duties as assigned. This position is based out of Cincinnati, Ohio.
• In partnership with the HRIS team, Macy’s Technology, and the Reporting and Analytics teams work on core data issues that allow for the foundation of reporting, permissioning, and optimal functionality within Oracle HCM
• Work with the rest of the HR Analytics and Data Management team and other business partners to understand data needs within the application and influence Oracle as it relates to data management within the product.
• Help influence the overall data and reporting strategic plan and timing that supports the transformation of our data to align with HCM and our analytics and reporting tools
• Identify and manage key data elements that need to be transformed to leverage the full functionality of the HCM process
• Execute a Data Management methodology and process that will be used to for governance of key data elements going into HCM
• Demonstrates appropriate functional knowledge and skills relevant to Data Management and Reporting
• Advises HR Analytics and Data Management leadership on strategic plans and improvements to systems and processes.
• Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to identify, recommend, and implement improvements to systems and processes. Ensures compliance with existing processes and standards.
• Represents Macy’s well to the external customer community; participates in Oracle HCM technical user groups and collaborates with peer companies to better utilize the software as well as help shape the product.
• Manages Oracle, the vendor, with regard to timely completion of Macy’s service requests; suggests workarounds until resolution to the Macy’s user community.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred and 5-7 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to work with large and complex data sets and recommend alignment and improvement of the data.
• Experience managing large projects with understanding of existing HR Systems such as MY In-Site, PeopleSoft, Kronos, Taleo, Oracle HCM Cloud, etc.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to garner trust among stakeholders.
• Ability to make difficult decisions based on solid business judgment and functional experience.
• Ability to manage change effectively and maintain a flexible management response to changing circumstances and customer needs.
• Ability to effectively lead, motivate and develop associates.
• Should be able to model professional management skills and behaviors.
• Involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment.
• May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Advanced technical skills that include, but are not limited to Microsoft Excel, PowerPivot, Access, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Previous experience with statistical software (R, SAS, Python) is strongly preferred.
• Experience with Tableau and Alteryx is strongly preferred. SQL query, PeopleSoft, PeopleSoft Query, HCM Cloud, OTBI, BI Publisher, HCM Extract, Oracle Analytics Cloud, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), and Visio are preferred but not required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.