Love digging into numbers and trends and discovering the math behind them? Want to have an impact on nearly every facet of our business? Through in-depth analysis, our Business Analysis team provides insights and actionable recommendations to improve Macy’s online marketing campaigns as well as increase efficiency and productivity of our internal systems. ... More »
With business analyst roles for e-commerce, point-of-sale (POS), and non-customer facing systems, there are tons of options to specialize. Whatever you choose, part of your job is staying informed and up-to-date on technology, trends, and our industry.
The Manager of HR Customer Analytics and Reporting will be responsible for the support of assigned internal HR customer needs related to analytics and reporting within the enterprise. The candidate will work with their internal customer to apply enterprise analytics solutions needed to run to run their business. Uses a broad knowledge of the business and technical analytics and reporting applications to ensure the consistent application of analytics solutions. Partner with the rest of the Reporting and Analytics and HRIS teams to ensure the data components and hierarchy are aligned with reporting and overall system functionality. Supports and upholds the integrity of ongoing methodology and approach for existing and new analytics systems and methodologies.
Performs other duties as assigned. This position is based out of Cincinnati, Ohio.
• In partnership with the entire Reporting and Analytics teams and the HRIS team develop implement analytics solutions for the assigned HR customers
• Help execute an overall analytics and reporting strategic plan that aligns with the Oracle HCM reporting functionality and the Oracle Analytics Cloud environment
• Coordinate with the Analytics Development team to ensure the developed dashboards and analytics are meeting the needs of our HR partners
• Coordinate with the Data Management team on any data issues that present themselves within the analytics for the HR business partners
• Develops and executes strategic plans in collaboration with the appropriate stakeholders. Ability to build and establish solid working relationships by providing timely, accurate and high quality information to peers, subordinates, upper management and/or customers.
• Demonstrates appropriate functional knowledge and skills relevant to HR Analytics and Reporting
• Advises the HR Analytics and Data Management leadership on strategic plans and improvements to analytics and processes. Partners with customers to develop and execute business vision and strategic plan.
• Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to identify, recommend, and implement improvements to analytics, reports, and processes. Ensures compliance with existing processes and standards.
• Represents Macy’s well to the external customer community; participates in Oracle HCM Analytics technical user groups and collaborates with peer companies to better utilize the software as well as help shape the product.
• Manages Oracle, the vendor, with regard to timely completion of Macy’s service requests; suggests workarounds until resolution to the Macy’s user community.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred and 5-7 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience leading analytics projects with understanding of HR analytics tools such as Oracle Transaction Business Intelligence, Oracle Analytics Cloud, and Tableau.
• Demonstrated customer service skills required.
• Previous experience with statistical software (R, SAS, Python) is strongly preferred.
• Experience with Tableau and Alteryx is strongly preferred.
• SQL query, PeopleSoft, PeopleSoft Query, HCM Cloud, OTBI, BI Publisher, HCM Extract, Oracle Analytics Cloud, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), and Visio are preferred but not required.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to garner trust among stakeholders.
• Ability to make difficult decisions based on solid business judgment and functional experience.
• Ability to manage change effectively and maintain a flexible management response to changing circumstances and customer needs.
• Ability to effectively lead, motivate and develop associates.
• Should be able to model professional management skills and behaviors.
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment.
• May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Advanced technical skills that include, but are not limited to Microsoft Excel, PowerPivot, Access, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.