Love digging into numbers and trends and discovering the math behind them? Want to have an impact on nearly every facet of our business? Through in-depth analysis, our Business Analysis team provides insights and actionable recommendations to improve Macy’s online marketing campaigns as well as increase efficiency and productivity of our internal systems. ... More »
With business analyst roles for e-commerce, point-of-sale (POS), and non-customer facing systems, there are tons of options to specialize. Whatever you choose, part of your job is staying informed and up-to-date on technology, trends, and our industry.
The Sr. Analyst, HR Analytics will be responsible for the design and development of analytic tools and statistical data models within our HR Analytics ecosystem. The candidate will be responsible for choosing the correct analytics tools, statistical theory, and data set to solve business problems and design the solution. They will also design standardized templates for reports, dashboards, and other analytic tools for the entire HR Analytics and Data Management team to use for the delivery of analytics. Uses a broad knowledge of the business and technical analytics and reporting applications to ensure the consistent application of analytics solutions. Partner with the rest of the Reporting and Analytics, Macy's Tech, and HRIS teams to ensure the dashboards, data models, and report templates are aligned with HCM overall system functionality. Supports and upholds the integrity of ongoing methodology and approach for existing and new analytics systems and methodologies.
Performs other duties as assigned. This position is based out of Cincinnati, Ohio. This position does not have any direct reports.
• Design and implement standardized HR analytics solutions that can applied to the different HR users by the rest of the HR Analytics and Data Management team
• Work with Macy’s Technology team to manage the technology that is necessary to deliver the analytics tools for entire Reporting and Data Management team to use for delivery of enterprise analytics
• Work with the Analytics Development team to design and ensure the developed dashboards and analytics are meeting the needs of our HR partners
• Coordinate with the Data Management team on any data issues that present themselves related to the development of analytics templates
• Demonstrates appropriate functional knowledge and skills relevant to HR Analytics and Reporting
• Advises HR Analytics and Data Management leadership on improvements to analytics and processes.
• Represents Macy’s well to the external customer community; participates in Oracle HCM Analytics technical user groups and collaborates with peer companies to better utilize the software as well as help shape the product.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative area preferred and 3-5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated experience designing analytic solutions using tools such as Oracle Transaction Business Intelligence, Oracle Analytics Cloud, OBIEE, RPD development, ODI, SSIS, Alteryx, R, Tibco Spotfire and Tableau.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Must have advanced mathematical skills with a comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of statistical concepts that include, but are not limited to, probabilities, correlation analyses, regression analyses, simulation analyses and optimization.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Requires strong Project Management skills with attention to detail and tight management of project timelines.
• Strong investigative skills are required that allow quick troubleshooting, resolution of data discrepancies and identification of new statistically based analytical methods.
• Ability to troubleshoot analytics and work with technical resources to resolve issues.
• Proven skill in managing several large projects at one time with the ability to easily transition from one to the other frequently.
• Involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment.
• May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Advanced technical skills that include, but are not limited to Microsoft Excel, PowerPivot, Access, PowerPoint, and Word. Previous experience with statistical software (R, SAS, Python) is strongly preferred.
• Experience with Tableau, OBIEE, BI Publisher, ODI, Alteryx and Data Modeling is strongly preferred.
• SQL query, PeopleSoft, PeopleSoft Query, HCM Cloud, OTBI, HCM Extract, Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC), and Visio are preferred but not required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.