The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the following items, including but not limited to: HVAC systems including chillers, rooftop AC units, and split systems; electrical systems; plumbing systems and fixtures; receiving dock as well as some alterations, restaurant, and salon equipment; and building roof and exterior. The Maintenance Technician may also be required to perform these duties in more than one facility. Work generally occurs in a retail store environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Install, maintain, operate and repair mechanical and electrical equipment and other building systems
- Perform repair and maintenance as required on electrical circuits and power distribution systems; HVAC systems; repairs to plumbing systems; and other building equipment.
- Utilize Work Order System for assignment of repair work orders as well as preventative maintenance actions.
- Ensure proper operation of facility HVAC systems: inspect and repair pumps, motors, valves, heating/air conditioning equipment and cooling towers.
- Ensure systems remain in compliance with local codes.
- Test, maintain, calibrate, and evaluate equipment by using instrumentation
- Perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with established work standards and safety guidelines.
- Assist with all aspects of maintenance and repair within assigned facilities including ‘on call’ availability.
- Operate machinery such as pumps, motors, compressors, balers, compactors, and power tools.
- Perform other duties as specified by the Work Order System, or as directed by supervisor.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the maintenance and repair of a large commercial facility.
- Strong electrical knowledge and background is required.
- Current Universal CFC Certification is preferred.
- Ability to interpret building schematics, prints, and manuals. Candidate must be able to communicate professionally and effectively with peers, managers, and contractors.
- Basic math skills generally obtained at the high school level.
- Candidate must possess ability to prioritize work and to negotiate maintenance and repair workload with store management’s requests while working within limitations of Facilities budget and structure
- This position involves occasional heavy lifting, lifting of at least 30 lbs. Will occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Must be familiar with PC, windows applications, and preferably a computerized work order system. Some travel between stores will be required.
- Ability to work a schedule based on department and store needs. Must be able to respond to after hours and weekend calls (24/7).
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.