The Macy’s Store Operations Center (MSOC) Operator is responsible for scheduling, monitoring and responding to store systems in an effective and expeditious manner. The work environment for this support role is housed within a new, 24-hour, fast-paced facility. Business continuity needs dictate the requirement for professionalism and dedication at all times, and especially during major events affecting our business. Other duties as assigned.
- Operating and monitoring energy management systems (EMS), burglar alarms, fire alarms, and video, as well as computer and other communication/notification systems and responding appropriately.
- Monitor and troubleshoot store environment concerns such as temperature and lighting.
- Answer emergency and non-emergency communications and take appropriate action.
- Dispatch Police and Fire authorities as well as Asset Protection and Store colleagues.
- Dispatch Macy’s personnel and service providers for alarm systems, vertical transportation, pest control, trash and waste management, mall/building services, etc.
- Create and maintain accurate incident database records.
- Complete priority communications.
- Issue and complete work orders and repair orders, including intermittent updates.
- Coordinate with team members to support facility/equipment inspections and violation/fine resolution as required for all federal, state and local authorities having jurisdiction.
- Work as part of a team supporting a customer service focused environment.
- Perform additional related assignments and special projects as delegated.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college is desirable.
- A background in a call center environment is preferred, but not required.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and manuals.
- Ability to communicate with peers, managers, senior management, priority customers, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate over the phone, via e-mail & text, and through reports and memos with proper etiquette.
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to use good judgment and critical thinking skills when carrying out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Extended periods of sitting are required, as are regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- Some kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling may be required.
- Position requires long hours of viewing computer monitors and communicating via telephone and/or typing.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 10 lbs.
- Must be able to effectively utilize available computer-based tools and software applications such as Microsoft Office or equivalent.
- Must be a highly motivated, detail oriented, well-organized, self-starter that possesses the ability to follow instructions and consistently act in a professional manner.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Ability to adjust to the scheduling needs of a 24-hour facility, which may require work on one or more weekend days and after standard hours.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.