The Merchandising Support Associate is responsible for providing a great shopping experience and driving sales and profit through customer service, accurate pricing and signing, and ensuring proper sales floor merchandising as well as accurate merchandise movement throughout the building. Based on the specific role assigned – Merchandising, Pricing, or Signing - operational duties include but are not limited to floor moves, replenishment, inventory; shortage control, stockroom organization, merchandising, set up and removal of signs for promotional events/sales, completing price changing activities, and ringing point of sale transactions.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job descriptions below.
In a Flex (Flexible Work Team) position, you’ll design your own schedule each week by selecting your shifts from those available in your area or zone. While you won’t have assigned shifts or guaranteed hours each week, you’ll have maximum flexibility to earn money – and a generous employee discount - around your personal schedule. On key days or peak shopping times, however - like a One Day Sale or the week leading up to Valentine’s Day – you will be assigned a shift. These assigned shifts are based on preferences that you set and update periodically during the year.
- Provide an exceptional customer shopping experience by ensuring that both the store and online customers are always the #1 priority.
- Service the customer in a helpful and friendly manner including point of sale transactions, credit and loyalty program enrollment, and helping him/her find what he/she is looking for
- Collaborate with Managers, Leads and Colleagues throughout the store to create a clean, neat and easy to shop store environment; maintain sales floor and fitting room recovery standards to include fitting room stalls, sorting merchandise and ensuring merchandise is worked back to sales floor as soon as time permits
- Support Omni-channel initiatives such as fulfillment of online or Buy Online/Pick Up in Store orders.
- Perform all functions in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner and flex between tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Participate in the physical inventory process and ensure that shortage prevention initiatives are executed.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Collaborate with peers to coordinate merchandise support tasks and flex between tasks (merchandising, pricing, signing, fulfillment, replenishment, receiving, reverse logistics, radio frequency scanning, and stockroom maintenance) as needed to ensure completion/execution.
- Execute merchandising tasks including placement of merchandise to standards, movement of fixtures and merchandise for seasonal sets, stockroom maintenance, and organization, replenishment to the selling floor, collection and transport of picked fulfillment orders to appropriate processing areas, processing and packing of damages, transfers, return to vendor and mark out of stock merchandise, and other duties as assigned.
- Execute signing tasks including organization, maintenance, and accountability of sign shop and sign cart including sign libraries, toppers, headers, and holders, sign set up/removal based on radio frequency hand held tools, conducting random sign audits to ensure correct selling price is reflected on signs, and other duties as assigned.
- Execute pricing tasks including marking correct markup/markdown price on merchandise, using correct price change labels, conducting random price audits to ensure correct price is reflected on merchandise, and other duties as assigned.
- Assist customers and complete point of sale transactions as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Education: No specific educational accomplishments are necessary; Previous experience in a support role is preferred.
Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; Able to use a calculator.
Reasoning Ability: Self-starter; Able to work independently and as part of a team; Must have good time management skills.
Physical Demands: This position requires constant moving and standing; Must be able to stand for at least two consecutive hours; Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.; May occasionally be required to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders; May have to reach above eye level; Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Other Skills: Possess strong merchandising skills; Possess vision and creativity; Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team; Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team; Must possess a strong sense of urgency; Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of radio frequency equipment.
Work Hours: Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.