Be on the front lines of making the magic of Macy’s as part of our store management team: you’ll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you’ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
As Manager, Operations/Asset Protection you will manage all operations and asset protection programs for assigned store in order to drive sales, maximize profitability, control expense and achieve shortage goals. Key responsibilities include: oversight of expense management, shortage program, fulfillment/BOPs, logistics, staffing and scheduling, management of receiving and asset protection teams; merchandise flow; customer service and building and equipment maintenance, housekeeping and safety standards. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Drive sales and profit results by focusing efforts on the following: store and shopping environment, pricing and signing, workload planning; staffing and weekend compliance, Fulfillment, BOPs, logistics, shortage and safety.
• Lead the store executive team in planning, implementing, monitoring, and managing the store shortage prevention and awareness programs.
• Recruit and develop qualified support and asset protection talent by creating and supporting a culture that values retention, career development and succession planning.
• Address associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company
• Role model exemplary service, lead Asset Protection team to provide an outstanding shopping experience
• Manage all payroll/non-payroll expense; directly responsible for EBIT%.
• Initiate and implement shortage and safety programs; implement reduction initiatives and formulate preventative action plans.
• Manage and communicate all incidents with impact to business or brand protection.
• Ensure that all procedures, policies, exposure standards and shortage awareness are thoroughly understood by the store team including all executives and associates.
• Direct the receiving and processing of all merchandise receipts; ensure back of house standards are maintained.
• Manage staffing working with the staffing group and ensure adherence to the daily staffing plan.
• Oversee and investigate criminal violations against person or property of any customer or associate committed on company premises when required.
• Manage and monitor internal and external case productivity and recoveries; conduct investigations when necessary.
• Clearly communicate store and Company objectives so both executives and associates are well informed.
• Direct total store maintenance; create a safe and clean environment for both customers and associates, and ensure selling materials are adequately maintained.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• A minimum of 3-5 years in a leadership/supervisory position in retail operations and/or asset protection management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
• Efficient prioritizing and time management skills to include managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong cognitive skills including problem analysis, decision making and strong quantitative analysis.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Ability to build partnerships and lead and motivate a large team of direct reports.
• Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards. • Proficient with use of computers, including Windows operating system and Microsoft Office tools.
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
• Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
• Ability to build partnerships and direct teams.
• Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards. • Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
• Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.