Love being around people and making them happy? Good at finding just the right thing to complete an outfit? As part of our sales team, you’ll do just that, bringing the Magic of Macy’s to life for our customers. Every day brings new challenges and excitement, and every customer interaction gives you the opportunity to do what you do best: find solutions and provide exceptional customer service. ... More »
So if you live on the cutting edge of fashion and have a keen eye for design, why not put that expertise to work on the sales floor? Join our team of problem solvers and doers: Apply today!
As a Visual Manager, you will support My Macy's through creative merchandise presentations, seasonal fashion trend statements, three-dimensional visual presentations, promotional events, corporate shop concepts and prototypes. You will be responsible for training, coaching and the development of a team of visual Associates.
- Analyze merchandising reports to review business results and take appropriate action to capitalize on business strengths and impact deficiencies; partner with Executive team to execute
- Identify best sellers and key items; communicate merchandise needs to optimize the My Macy's process
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation, merchandise placement of key items and seasonal fashion trend statements and sales and event set-up
- Communicate all merchandising directives to store team
- Coordinate selling floor fixture and merchandise moves with Merchandise Team Manager
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented
- Train store management and visual and support teams on merchandising standards, proper fixture utilization and techniques
- Role model exemplary service, lead visual team to provide an outstanding shopping experience
- Maintain high customer readiness standards; deliver a clean, neat and easy to shop store environment through maintaining accessibility standards
- Clearly communicate company, store, and departmental objectives to visual team
- Recruit and select talented, results-oriented Visual Associates
- Create a positive, inclusive work environment focusing on internal and external customer service and safety
- Conduct ongoing Talent Analysis of Associates and establish career progression plans for key players and positions to result in retention of best people and turnover reduction
- Utilize review process as a tool for Associate talent development, promotion and advancement
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis
- Address Associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company
- Lead Associates in support of community service opportunities
- A minimum of 3-5 years of visual merchandising and display experience in a department store environment
- Current knowledge of Ready-to-wear, Men's and Home fashions
- Strong organizational, planning, prioritizing, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Art, design or creative background
- Talent for selling floor creative merchandising
- Ability to create three-dimensional visual merchandising displays
- Ability to work with all levels of store management
- Strong customer service orientation
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.