Manage a business-within-a-business and bring the My Macy’s localization strategy to life as part of Store Operations. You’ll manage recruiting and staffing, receiving and processing of merchandise, and create outstanding customer experience to ensure the business operates productively and achieves sales, service, and profit goals.
As an Operational Assistant in Herald Square, you will maintain operational standards in a specific family of business both front of house and reserve areas. In addition, you will support the Merchandise Team Manager and Sales Manager in the day-to-day operations of the business. This position will lead to a Sales Manager or Operations management position.
- Support the customer service environment through maintaining a neat and organized reserve area
- Ensure the timely processing of merchandise receipts, price changes, damages, RTVs, and inventory
- Maintain a high level of shortage and safety awareness among associates
- Ensure all procedures, policies and shortage awareness are thoroughly understood by support staff
- Clearly communicate store and company objectives so staff is well informed
- Recruit and select qualified support staff
- Train, motivate and develop support staff to reach their fullest potential, optimize productivity and achieve team goals
- A minimum of 1-3 years in retail management experience
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to empower and develop a team
- Strong service orientation
- Ability to plan and execute strategies
- Strong organizational and time management skills
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.