Develop your investigative skills as part of our industry-leading asset protection team – you’ll use innovative technology and dive deep into analytics to reduce shortages and protect Macy’s bottom line. You’ll have lots of opportunity to grow your career under leadership that’s committed to developing their teams and building leaders, and you’ll also have the ability to focus on highly specialized areas including Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset Protection Training.
As an Assistant Manager Asset Protection / Loss Prevention, you will support My Macy’s Initiatives, Omni Channel Strategies and MAGIC and assist the AP/LP Manager to ensure that our store operates efficiently and achieves our shortage goals. Your scope of responsibility will include protecting Company assets, managing Asset Protection / Loss Prevention payroll expense, supervising Asset protection / Loss Prevention team and directing shortage initiatives, investigations and surveillances. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Implement, monitor, and manage store shortage prevention and awareness programs
- Analyze shortage results and partner with the AP/LP Manager to formulate and implement effective preventative action plans
- Manage and monitor internal and external case productivity and recoveries; conduct investigations when necessary
- Assist AP/LP Manager with managing payroll expense
- Drive new programs and procedures to reduce shortage through training and developing AP/LP team
- Actively participate in internal and external theft investigations through use of systems and surveillance
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness determined by audit results; work with AP/LP Manager to ensure that all policies and procedures are thoroughly understood by AP/LP and store team
- Role model MAGIC Selling behaviors and lead AP/LP team to provide a customer centric experience
- Clearly communicate store and Company objectives to ensure both Store Executives and Associates are informed and knowledgeable
- Collaborate and engage with all Executives and Associates to make shortage awareness a priority
- Maintain safety awareness and a safe shopping and work environment for customers and associates
- Assist AP/LP Manager with conducting audits; follow through on corrective action opportunities
- Assist AP/LP Manager with the recruitment and selection of qualified Asset Protection Associates
- Work with AP/LP Manager to train, motivate, recognize and develop Asset Protection team to maximize business opportunities
- Partner with AP/LP Manager to address Associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company
- Provide input in to performance evaluations, ensuring Associates participate in the development of individual performance improvement plans
- Advise on administration of Responsibility Based Performance
- Make recommendations to AP/LP Manager on Associate promotion, advancement, talent development and termination
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
• Bachelor’s degree preferred;
• A minimum of 1-3 years of leadership/supervisory position in Asset Protection / Loss Prevention
• Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position may require regular walking, standing, hearing, talking, as well as stooping, kneeling, or crouching;
• Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
• Effective prioritizing and time management skills.
• Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
• Ability to build partnerships and direct teams.
• Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.