Develop your investigative skills as part of our industry-leading asset protection team – you’ll use innovative technology and dive deep into analytics to reduce shortages and protect Macy’s bottom line. You’ll have lots of opportunity to grow your career under leadership that’s committed to developing their teams and building leaders, and you’ll also have the ability to focus on highly specialized areas including Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset Protection Training.
As a Loss Prevention Manager of Store Investigations, you will drive the internal investigation program in the store with primary focus on the apprehension of dishonest employees and reduction of fraud. Drive sales and profit through the “Stores Own Sales” initiative. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Drive and execute the investigation of employee dishonesty and theft in the store.
- Detect and investigate internal crimes against the company including theft, fraud, embezzlement, POS manipulation, etc.
- Train store staff in use of investigative tools and surveillance equipment.
- Monitor Report usage to ensure all available investigative resources are being consistently utilized.
- Work with Loss Prevention staff members; including fellow store Loss Prevention Managers, to develop better understanding of Internal Programs, how to execute investigative tasks, and how to react to Internal Theft situations.
- Execute the restitution program to ensure compliance and appropriate follow up in every case.
- Execute all aspects of the covert operations program, maintain inventory of all covert CCTV equipment and track usage.
- Conduct audits to ensure that security policies, procedures and training have been implemented and are followed.
- Analyze and prepare statistical documentation as it pertains to internal case productivity reporting.
- Partner with District Director of Loss Prevention and District Manager of Investigations on areas of vulnerability and exposure for new policies, procedures, and POS enhancements.
- Conduct shortage analysis and develop zone specific internal action plan within high shortage departments.
- Maintain strong working relationship with Loss Prevention, Human Resources, and Operations at the Store Level.
- Conduct special projects as needed to support the company.
- Monitor all store Loss Prevention investigations, Interviews, Associate Statements, and Case Documentation to ensure they adhere to company standards.
- Manage talent development process for the Investigations team; actively coach and counsel.
- Recruit and develop talent by creating and supporting a culture that values retention, career development and succession planning.
- Train LP Managers and investigations team in the use of investigative tools and surveillance equipment.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Education/Experience: College Degree preferred. A minimum to 5-7 years of loss prevention management experience preferred. Internal Investigations & Interview experience preferred.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies. Effective prioritizing and time management skills.
- Physical Demands: This position requires regular walking, standing. May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Other skills: Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills. Ability to build partnerships and store teams.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and web enabled due diligence research. Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards.
- Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the store investigative needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.