Responsible for physical inspection, touch up, repair and refinishing of furniture flaws or damage according to established standards and procedures prior to delivery.
• Repairs, replaces or adjusts damaged furniture with tools and chemicals;
• Mixes and blends wood stains to match original finish;
• Removes furniture finishes by using applicable chemicals and/or sanding;
• Paints, glazes and/or refinishes furniture to original vendor specifications;
• Use workroom tools to spray fabric and shrink wrap goods;
• Complete appropriate paperwork;
• Ensures quality and timely completion of work;
• Any other function management deems essential;
• Interior work space without windows to the outside, located in close proximity to other associates;
• Environment where noise level is generally moderately high and temperatures fluctuate seasonally. Subject to some extremes in temperature;
• Environment where exposure to chemical fumes and dust is moderate to high. Safety equipment may be required;
• Appropriate attire required; safe sturdy shoes that cover the entire foot, no loose, flowing clothing (that may get caught in conveyors). Other clothing restrictions may apply.
• Minimum 1-2 yrs touch up experience;
• Abililty to use workroom tools and assemble furniture;
• Federated Systems: RDS and basic CRT systems within 30 days.
• Must be able to following instructions and respond in English
• Adds, subtracts, and multiplies in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Bends, stoops and kneels.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Frequently stands and walks.
• Talks and hears
• Uses hands to finger, handle, feel or otherwise manipulate objects, tools or controls.
• Reaches with hands and arms.
• Uses eyes extensively
• Sense of Urgency
• Ability to work independently
• Organization skills Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team.
• Prepare customer returns and process paperwork
• Receive vendor repair/replacement parts and route them to appropriate location
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.