As a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest omnichannel retailers in the world, Macy’s has a full legal team with exposure to every aspect of the business, from marketing and property development to human resources and external relations. You’ll work collaboratively on multiple projects with smart, creative people and enjoy excellent work-life balance.
This attorney will work with a vibrant team in the Law Department Business Operations group to provide legal support to Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, and Bluemercury stores and associated support divisions. This position will reside in New York. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Draft and assist clients in negotiating a wide range of contracts including talent, event, and sponsorship agreements, licenses, technology, vendor/supplier, and other general business agreements.
- Review advertising materials; advise business teams on advertising, contests and sweepstakes, and related issues.
- Provide counseling on issues of copyright, trademark, and right of publicity throughout the business, including in apparel and other product development and advertising.
- Enforce the company’s intellectual property rights and defend infringement claims.
- Provide counsel on regulatory and product safety issues.
- Train and partner with clients to develop and implement best practices.
- Complete special projects and participate in Law Department practice area subgroups.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Macy’s is seeking a licensed attorney with 4-6 years of relevant law firm or in-house experience and bar membership in NY.
- Contracts and either advertising or intellectual property experience are required.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred but not required: retail, litigation, and regulatory/product safety.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to analyze legal and factual issues and to write persuasively and concisely for external and internal audiences.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and office equipment.
- May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Must be able to independently handle multiple projects effectively, with attention to detail and strong follow-up.
- Must work well on a team, have a strong client-service orientation, and enjoy creative problem-solving.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.