Develop your investigative skills as part of our industry-leading asset protection team – you’ll use innovative technology and dive deep into analytics to reduce shortages and protect Macy’s bottom line. You’ll have lots of opportunity to grow your career under leadership that’s committed to developing their teams and building leaders, and you’ll also have the ability to focus on highly specialized areas including Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset Protection Training.
The Security Officer will be responsible for providing security and safety functions for the Macys Corporate Office. The main location is Downtown Cincinnati with occasional shifts at the office in Springdale, OH.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Provide access control by registering/confirming visitors per building protocol.
• Be comfortable using computer software used for visitor management, access control, etc.
• Perform building rounds as required by management.
• Respond to emergency situations as needed and be able to effectively control emergency situations.
• Perform building/safety inspections and be able to identify safety issues.
• Complete departmental documentation as required.
• Complete additional duties as directed by the Security Manager or Supervisor.
• Ability to work at both the Downtown and Springdale location as needed.
• Ability to work any shift based on departmental needs, including rotating shifts and off days.
• Ability to work overtime as needed, as well as cover emergency shift openings on short notice.
• Ability to respond to the building quickly if an emergency is declared by management.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is a must.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as be able to work well with others in a team environment.
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment. The position involves building rounds and safety inspections that include a great deal of walking and may include going up/down stairs frequently. May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Must be comfortable using computer applications including, but not limited to, those used for visitor management, access control, and e-mail.
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications is a plus.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.