Develop your investigative skills as part of our industry-leading asset protection team – you’ll use innovative technology and dive deep into analytics to reduce shortages and protect Macy’s bottom line. You’ll have lots of opportunity to grow your career under leadership that’s committed to developing their teams and building leaders, and you’ll also have the ability to focus on highly specialized areas including Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset Protection Training.
The Security Guard's primary responsibility is to deter theft, communicate suspicious activity to the Asset Protection/Loss Prevention Department, maintain a safe business environment, and provide strong customer service. The Security Guard is primarily stationed at customer entrances and monitors customer traffic entering and exiting the store. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking here.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Successfully complete all Asset Protection/Loss Prevention training requirements including CPR and First Aid and maintain personal certifications as required by law
- Monitor high shortage areas such as receiving and jewelry as needed; may perform audit functions
- Use two-way communication devices to maintain contact with Store Detectives to ensure store safety
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits, and other activities as assigned by the Asset Protection/Loss Prevention Manager
- Have knowledge of and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college is desirable. Completion of Store Agent Training program required upon assignment to position.
Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. Extended periods of sitting are also involved. Some kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling may be involved. Involves moving and/or lifting at least 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to use restraints in an apprehension. Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in surveillance areas. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Must be able to operate cameras and other surveillance equipment. Ability to think and act clearly in possible stressful and hostile situations. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.