The Retail Support Associate will be responsible for unpacking new merchandise when delivered, replenishing merchandise as needed, ensuring markdowns are taken in a timely and accurate manner, set-up and removal of signs as directed for promotional events, and picking and packing of fulfilment orders. He/she will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers, creating an exceptional shopping experience, and may assist in completing point of sale transations inclusive of credit and credit loyalty enrollment.
- Provide an exceptional customer shopping experience by ensuring both the in store and online customer are always the #1 priority
- Engage with customers in a helpful and friendly manner including point of sale transactions, credit enrollment, and assisting in the location of merchandise, both in-store and online
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
- Deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop store environment; maintain sales floor and fitting room recovery standards
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures; participate in inventory process
- Follow shortage programs and procedures
- Participate in all or any of the following tasks as directed:
- Receiving tasks to include new merchandise processing to floor ready standards; collection of hangers, sensor tags, trash and recycling throughout the store; organization, maintenance and replenishment of supply areas including sales floor, and customer carryout and special delivery as needed
- Merchandising tasks to include placement of merchandise to merchandising standards, stockroom maintenance and organization, and merchandise replenishment to the sales floor
- Fulfillment tasks to include collection and transport of picked fulfillment orders to appropriate processing areas, preparation of Buy Online & Pick-Up in Store (BOPS)/Buy Online & Ship to Store (BOSSorders, and packing shippable orders to meet the time committed to the customer
- Signing and pricing tasks to include accurate and timely set-up and removal of promotional signs, and executing markdowns and markups
- Reverse logistics tasks to include processing damages, non-congruent transfers, store initiated transfers, return to vendor and mark out of stock merchandise
- Packing and shipping tasks to include first quality packing standards of fulfillment orders and reverse logistics merchandise
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner; flex between tasks as directed by a Supervisor
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- No specific educational accomplishment is required.
- No experience is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of radio frequency (RF) equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.