(To return to the job posting, please click your broswser back button)
The Fine Jewelry Sales Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis, demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers, and creating a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. Additionally, the Fine Jewelry Sales Associate is responsible for becoming an expert on the product in the department as well as developing and impacting the sales of the business in the department.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area
· Develop a high level of product knowledge for the merchandise in the department by reading vendor tags, pamphlets, and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer
· Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection and engage the customer
· Offer to call other locations if merchandise is unavailable within store
· Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account toward the end of the shopping experience
· Reinforce customer’s selection and package merchandise with care
· Invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible
· Responsible for achieving personal sales goals
· Use clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales
· Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
· Alert Sales Manager of inventory and other inaccuracies
· Ensure proper presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock
· Participate in pre-selling and sales driving events to maximize sales
· Maintain good housekeeping standards
· Ensure work area is free from hazards and work in a safe manner
· Adhere to Loss Prevention control and compliance procedures
· Perform other duties as needed
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent. Previous selling experience is required, preferably in fine jewelry.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret product knowledge books. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands: This position requires constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing. Must be able to stand for at least two consecutive hours. Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Other skills: Superior organizational and time management skills. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to build relationships and influence others. Must possess a thirst for knowledge.
Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in a retail store environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art. 49.