The Pricing Associate is responsible for providing a great shopping experience, and driving sales and profit through customer service and accurate pricing. Duties include price change activities, ringing POS transactions and other duties as needed.
- Provide an exceptional customer shopping experience by ensuring both the in store and online customer are always the #1 priority
- Service the customer in a helpful and friendly manner including POS transactions, credit and Plenti enrollment, and helping her to find what she is looking for
- Collaborate with Managers, Leads and Associates throughout the store to deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop store environment; maintain sales floor and fitting room recovery standards to include checking fitting room stalls, sorting merchandise and ensuring merchandise is worked back to sales floor immediately as time permits
- Support Omni Channel initiatives
- Perform all functions in an efficient manner; flex between tasks as directed by Supervisor
- Participate in the physical inventory process and ensure that shortage prevention initiatives are executed
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Collaborate with peers to coordinate pricing needs with other tasks (signing, merchandising, etc.)
- Execute price changes in a timely and accurate manner to include marking correct markdown/markup price on merchandise, using correct price change labels, conducting random price audits to ensure selling price is correctly reflected on the merchandise, and communication of pricing issues (pricing errors, advertising errors, ticketing errors, and missing signs) to supervisor
- Assist in other tasks as needed (signing, receiving, reverse logistics, merchandising, replenishment, fulfillment, RFID, packing/shipping)
- No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
- Previous experience in a support role is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.