The Cosmetic Counter Manager is responsible for supervising the complete operations of the cosmetics line to ensure a high level of productivity and customer satisfaction through extensive product knowledge and outstanding customer service. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area
- Recruit, train, coach, motivate, and develop new and incumbent associates on company policies and procedures, product knowledge, and personal and department productivity goals
- Review and analyze business performance of daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual sales results
- Review advertising calendar and ensure proper execution of events
- Communicate credit goal specifics and expectations
- Monitor associate productivity levels and provide coaching and feedback
- Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and return to vendors (RTVs) through delegation to self and staff
- Develop and implement business driving events to achieve department goals
- Supervise proper presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock
- Sell merchandise through effective customer service techniques and professional selling skills to reach personal productivity goals
- Alert Sales Manager of needs and concerns of the business and staff
- Communicate regularly with vendors, planners, distributors, and buyers regarding stock needs, customer preferences, and special events
- Participate in physical inventory process
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Ensure work area is free from hazards and work in a safe manner
- Be in compliance with all hygiene standards
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year of previous selling experience is required, preferably in cosmetics.
- Previous supervisory is also preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret general business periodicals.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to customers, vendors, buyers, peers, and all levels of management.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Must be able to anticipate and solve problems.
- This position requires constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
- Must be able to stand for at least two consecutive hours.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to build relationships and influence others.
- Must possess a thirst for knowledge.
- Must be able to lead by example.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.