With Macy’s you have flexibility and ownership of your schedule! The details unique to each option are detailed below; be certain to scroll down to see the details that apply to all options.
Option 1– Typically assigned 35-40 hours/5 days a week; includes 2 assigned late shifts per week and availability most weekends (including Friday evening).
Option 2 – Typically assigned 28-32 hours/4 days a week; includes 2 assigned late shifts per week and availability most weekends (including Friday evening). You may pick up additional available shifts.
Option 3 – Typically assigned 20-30 hours/up to 4 days a week; includes up to 2 assigned late shifts per week and availability on most weekends (including Friday evening). You may pick up additional available shifts.
Option 4 – Typically assigned 12-20 hours/up to 4 days per week; most shifts will be assigned after 6 p.m. You may pick up additional shifts, and availability on some weekends (including Friday evening) is required.
Option 5 – Assigned 3-8 hours/up to 2 days per week; most shifts will begin after 6:00 p.m. You may pick up additional available shifts, and availability on most weekends (including Friday evening) is required.
Option 6 – You will pick up all of your shifts, and must work at least one shift every 14 days or less to maintain active employment
Managing Your Schedule:
- Associates are responsible for insuring they are scheduled sufficient hours either through assigned or pick up hours to achieve and maintain their full time or part time status, benefits (at least 32 average hours paid per quarter to maintain FT benefits; 20 hours for PT benefits), and other requirements.
- Options 1 through 3 require availability on most weekends (including Friday evenings) and key dates. Options 4 through 6 require some availability on some weekends (including Friday evenings) and key dates.
- You may select up to three (3) days per month that you are not available to work; two of those days may be used consecutively and on Saturday and Sunday (this is not applicable to Option 6). Options 1 and 2 have additional morning and evening shift selection preferences.
- Preferred Availability allows you to customize assigned shifts to fit your lifestyle, and you can change your scheduling option and Preferred Availability during the semi-annual selection window. All associates are required to select preferences for Saturday and Sunday.
- Temporary Availability allows you to limit or open up your availability, and plan ahead for time off by using “unavailable days” or Attendance Credits (Full Time and Part Time associates may also use Paid Time Off).
- You can view your schedule no later than the Friday nine (9) days before the work week. The published schedule includes assigned shifts and any planning ahead activity you’ve completed.
- Your schedule generally will not be changed once shifts are published; you typically must use self-service tools to make any adjustments to your assigned shifts.
Please note: In California, Nevada, and Puerto Rico, shifts are generally no more than 7.75 hours in a day with a maximum of 39 hours in a work week.