Black Friday and Cyber Monday have passed, but MACY'S IS STILL HIRING FOR THE HOLIDAYS! Visit our seasonal career hiring site - holiday.macysJOBS.com - to view all current holiday employment opportunities and complete your application today!
Sales Associate Overview
Our stores are where the ultimate magic of Macy's comes to life, and our Sales Associates are vital to delivering customer service that offers a distinctive shopping experience and drives sales results. While all positions within Macy's require working as part of a team to meet department and store objectives, your individual responsibilities as a Sales Associate may include demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills, keeping the selling floor stocked with merchandise and ready for sales events, or organizing the selling floor and stock areas.
Depending on location, we offer different types of Sales Associate positions, including Hourly Sales Associate and Commissioned Sales Associate roles. The Hiring Manager conducting your interview will detail the type of position you’re interviewing for during your appointment, and you will have the opportunity to ask questions at that time.
Holiday Sales Associates will have the same responsibilities on a temporary basis.
Key Sales Associate Accountabilities:
Sales Associate activities are wide-ranging. Depending on your position, you may be responsible for:
- Meeting and making a connection with customers: ask questions and listen to shoppers' needs, then give options and advice on meeting those needs
- Inspiring the customer to buy, celebrating the purchase, and creating a lasting positive impression of you, Macy's, and the purchase
- Demonstrating commitment and ability to build customer relationships and loyalty through personal interaction and the maintenance of a client file
- In applicable areas, ensuring fitting rooms are ready for customers by promptly clearing out merchandise and returning it to the proper area of the selling floor
- Maintaining selling floor presentations, and restocking them as needed
- Learning Macy's systems and procedures to enhance selling efficiencies
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule, which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as to take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Previous retail experience preferred, but not required
- Dependable and flexible with schedule availability, including nights, weekends, and holidays; some locations may also have overnight schedules during certain times of the year